There are usual treatments of procedures that most of us are getting used to. One of them is the laser procedure. It is essential to have foundation knowledge of the treatment, especially when you want to try hair loss therapy.
What are the usual medical procedures/treatments that use laser technology?
Laser Therapy for Hair Loss
It uses lasers to encourage hair growth 2014 Study by NBCI states that this treatment is effective in hair restoration and treating pattern baldness for both men and women.
Laser for Hair Removal
It uses lasers to destroy the hair follicles and reduce hair growth even to its advanced stage. People who are suffering from hormone imbalance benefits from this kind of process.
Laser Treatment for Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments (Carbon dioxide (CO2) lasers) for Cancer
These lasers can treat basal skin cancer, cervical cancer, vagina, and vulva by removing the thin layers of tissue from the body's surface.
Laser Treatment for Reducing Appearance of Veins
This laser minimizes the appearance of veins, such as spider veins in the face and legs.
It removes the outer and damaged layer of the skin and gives room for smoother and healthier skin.
Laser for Skincare
It reduces the appearance of scars, kills the bacteria on the skin, and even prevents the skin from breaking down.
What is Laser Therapy for Hair Loss?
Healthline states, "Laser therapies are medical treatments that use focused light. Unlike most light sources, light from a laser (which stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation) is tuned to specific wavelengths. This allows it to be focused into powerful beams. Laser light is so intense that it can shape diamonds or cut steel."
What to prepare before Laser Therapy?
It would be best if you were financially, mentally, and physically prepared before the treatment. Be sure to discuss your health concerns with your doctor first before undergoing laser therapy. Disclose necessary circumstances, especially when you have allergies and pre-existing medical conditions.
How much does Hair Loss Laser Therapy cost?
It is essential to keep in mind that it is generally considered to be a cosmetic procedure. Thus, it is usually not covered by your insurance. Laser therapy costs range from $200 to $1000 per treatment, depending on the severity of your hair loss, the number of treatments, the healthcare provider, and the type of laser used. Most patients needed 6 to 8 treatments to see noticeable progress/results in their hair restoration journey. You are lucky if your practitioner offers you packages that minimize the overall cost.
What are the disadvantages of Laser Therapy?
- Expensive - Laser therapy is highly considered a costly procedure compared to other hair restoration methods since it will take several sessions before getting results.
- Limited access adds availability - It requires proper skill to ensure its efficacy. Unfortunately, it is not available to all countries/ regions.
- Dangerous side effects - Burning sensation, scalp swelling, and sexual dysfunction are some of the not-so-simple adverse effects you may encounter after the procedure.
- Time Factor and Maintenance - It is not a one-time treatment. It would help if you were patient in the process, and you may undergo 6 to 8 sessions of hair loss laser therapy. And from that, you need to follow the post-treatment advice to maintain the excellent progress of your hair restoration.
When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you look good. Achieving healthy hair can help you feel confident and healthy. Look at helpful guides such as Hair Loss courses and FREE videos exclusively for you! Preventing early stages of hair loss is recommended to avoid the worst hair issue in the future.